As a result of the new restrictions on public gatherings that have come into force today, worship services will be online / home groups only until further notice. We must all practise social distancing to minimise the chance of spreading this virus further.
Please pray for all people affected by the pandemic – whether they are suffering from ill-health, or supporting sick family members, or facing financial problems as a result of the suspension of business. Pray for health workers who shoulder a tremendous burden and show great dedication to help people who are unwell. Pray for our community to rally together and support each other. Pray for God to give insight to researchers so that effective treatments will be found and vaccines developed.
We wanted to give you an update on MPBC’s response to COVID-19. The Prime Minister Scott Morrison earlier this week announced the cancellation of all non-essential gatherings of more than 100 people in indoor areas. In light of what has happened across the globe, our leadership team has decided to be proactive and make changes to our our Sunday service.
Below are the key things that you need to know.
- Sunday 22nd of March service will start at 10am.
We will be moving to two services at 9am and 11am from the 29th of March.
- Live streaming of services should be available this weekend and can be accessed from the front page of the church website or by clicking here.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all in attendance.
- Ushering will be in place to ensure that there is 1.5m of separation between household groups. People will be sitting in every second row.
- We will count people on the way in to ensure that we do not breach the 100 people limit.
- We are starting to plan for having house church services when stricter restrictions are put in place.
- Friday night youth will currently be going ahead with precautions put in place.
Thank you to everyone for their understanding as we navigate through the current climate.